CMGT 578 ENTIRE COURSE
CMGT 578 Week 1 Individual Assignment The Role of IT
Write a 350- to 700-word report in which you present and analyze the different effects environmental challenges have on an organization, real or fictional. Include ITs role in meeting these challenges, and how this will affect the organization's strategic advantage. Identify key issues impacting the use of IT in meeting these challenges. Submit your assignment using the Assignment Files tab.
CMGT 578 Week 2 Individual Assignment Organizational Strategic Assessment
Select an organization, real or fictitious, and analyze the organization's objectives and their implications to the application of IT. Create an 8- to 10-slide presentation in which you complete the following for your selected organization:
- Describe 3 to 5 components of the status of the organization.
- Describe how this status knowledge influences the development of IT strategic planning. Include detailed speakers notes within the presentation. Submit your assignment using the Assignment Files tab..
CMGT 578 Week 3 Individual Assignment Prioritizing the IT Project Portfolio Paper
Compose a 4- to 5-page report (not counting diagrams or tables) describing the IT project portfolio. This is an opportunity for you to be creative in this assignment. Once again, select a real or fictitious organization so that you can give specific examples. Define what is meant by IT "project portfolio," and differentiate it from project management. Describe briefly the process by which executive management evaluates proposed projects, potentially accepting them into the active set of projects in execution within the portfolio. Establish roles important for the process of evaluating, accepting or rejecting the projects, securing funding, and tracking them at an executive level. Show the process in an original process flow depicting at least one decision point and rejection review loop for editing and resubmission of project proposals for acceptance into the project portfolio. Identify the IT projects for a real or made up company of your choice. You can draw on your experience or create your own projects. Identify 5 to 8 projects so that you can compare projects described in the assignment. The report must evaluate each identified project against the following criteria:
- The project fits within the organization's objectives
- The project drives or creates more revenue for the corporation
- The project cuts the cost of doing business
- The project is mandated by laws (federal, state, county, or local) or executive orders
- The competitor has undertaken a similar project Determine recommendations for the best set of sequencing for the approved projects. Answer the management questions: (a) what projects have dependencies? and, (b) what projects can be executed concurrently? Submit your assignment using the Assignment Files tab.
CMGT 578 Week 4 Individual Assignment Strategic Report, Part I
Write a proposed project that aligns with an organization's strategy planning. Briefly introduce a fictitious organization of your choice by establishing its name, main good or service, and organizational type (e.g., corporation, government, educational institution, military, nonprofit, etc.). Include the following:
- Generate a vision statement between 50 and 250 words for this organization. The vision statement needs to be reflect what the organization wants to become, long term, and must be abstract enough so that it won't likely need to change as the organization matures. A good vision statement is memorable and used to motivate employees. After generating the vision statement, analyze and explain how these aspects of the vision statement contribute to its strength.
Identify at least two techniques for developing an organizational assessment (current status assessment).
- Using a selected technique from above, evaluate the current status of the organization. Include the organization's current technologies, processes, and human factors. Using the vision statement, propose a strategic plan for the IT department that would improve a certain aspect of the organization's current state to achieve a desired future-state objective.
The strategy needs to be implemented, in part, by an information systems project. Operational, organizational, and political aspects need to be addressed for this proposed project.
The outcomes of the project need to achieve specific feasible outcomes for the purpose of helping the organization advance toward the vision. Justify this information systems project in terms of how the project would be consistent with the organizational strategy. Describe how this project would be managed within the organization's project management portfolio. Within the strategic plan, support your recommendations by citing at least 2 (two per week) scholarly, peer-reviewed studies. Demonstrate writing standards required for Master's Level I, located in the Writing & Style Guidelines in the Center for Writing Excellence.
CMGT 578 Week 5 Learning Team IT Strategy Report
Continue working on your Learning Team Project. This week's focus should be on the following:
- Recommendations: What improvements could you offer as an IT leader managing the strategy for the situation covered by the case? Consider time, cost, human capital, and the current status IT within the organization.
- Maintenance and tracking: How would you specifically maintain the plan through the duration covered by the time span and how would you specifically track progress made by the efforts within the strategic plan?
Submit a rough draft of your current Learning Team assignment. The rough draft will be graded only on submission and not on completeness. With that said, it is encouraged that as much be submitted as possible for your faculty to provide adequate feedback before final submission.
CMGT 578 Week 5 Individual Assignment Strategic Report, Part II
Plan a feasible 5-year information strategy that is consistent with the organizational vision. Prepare a recommended revised budget to show by quarter and year the next 2 to 3 years for the IT department. Consider line items such as labor, software maintenance/support, infrastructure such as hardware and cabling, software licenses, and projects. Include both the previously proposed budget and the revised budget. Include rationale for key recommendations.
Within the report, support your recommendations by citing at least 2 (two per week) scholarly, peer-reviewed studies. Demonstrate writing standards required for Master's Level I, located in the Writing & Style Guidelines in the Center for Writing Excellence. The report length for the new content this week is 4 to 6 pages. Include any refinements suggested for Part I in Week Four, and submit the full report for both Weeks Four and Five as one comprehensive plan for a total of 8 to 12 pages. Submit your assignment using the Assignment Files tab.
CMGT 578 Week 6 Learning Team IT Strategy Report
Using one of the cases studies in the text or one the team identifies on its own, prepare the following key sections:
- Strategy identification: What was the strategy? What problem or opportunity was being addressed in the case?
- Evaluation: How well do you think the strategy was proposed and/or executed?
- Recommendations: What improvements could you offer as an IT leader managing the strategy for the situation covered by the case? Consider time, cost, human capital, and the current IT status within the organization.
- Maintenance and tracking: How would you specifically maintain the plan through the duration covered by the time span, and how would you specifically track progress made by the efforts within the strategic plan? Demonstrate writing standards required for Master's Level I, located in the Writing & Style Guidelines in the Center for Writing Excellence. Finalize your 8- to 10-page report. Include at least 4 academic, scholarly peer-reviewed sources to support your findings.
CMGT 578 Week 6 Individual Assignment Strategic Plan Recommendations
Identify an organization for your current job, or within your career, industry, or interest area. Write a 350- to 700-word brief in which you describe its current strategic plan. Prepare 3 to 5 recommendations regarding aspects about strategic planning maintenance and metrics that relate to the organization. Demonstrate writing standards required for Master's Level I, located in the Writing & Style Guidelines in the Center for Writing Excellence. The report length should be 1 to 2 pages. Include at least 2 academic, scholarly peer-reviewed sources to support your recommendations.
CMGT 578 ENTIRE COURSE
- Product Code: 644
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: CMGT 578 ENTIRE COURSE